Thursday, May 22, 2008

Congratulations David Cook!


My favorites never win this show. Ever. Even when we think it's a lock, like with Katharine McPhee, something crazy happens and Taylor Hicks wins. But not this year. Hottie David Cook took it, and I couldn't be happier (unless Jason Castro had won, of course).

But the best part of the night? Was when Donna Summer was performing with the Top 6 girls and Ryan Seacrest started "breakdancing". I have never laughed so hard. It might very well be the best moment in TV history. I want, instead of commercials, to see Ryan rolling around on the floor and jumping around like a goof. It made me love him more than I thought possible.

You can see it here, around 8:09 or so. You can fast forward to it. But you should watch Jason Castro sing 'Hallelujah' first.


And now I can put American Idol to rest for another seven months. It's been fun.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OMG this made me so happy. The next day, I'm full of joy.

He WON!!!!

Also, he was pantsless and dancing around with a guitar.

Also, he was goofy dancing during "Sharp Dressed Man."

Also, he freakin' CRIED when he won and deferred to Archie. What a sweeheart.

David Cook, epic win. I heart you.