Friday, May 30, 2008

Cosmopolitans and Milanos.


There are three girls in my life that, if we were all in the same place at the same time and had the resources (ahem, money) to spend our time brunching at someplace awesomely greasy while talking about men and sex and clothes, followed by marathon shopping for shoes, followed by hours of drinking martinis, we would very much be like the ladies in Sex and the City. None of us is an exact Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha or Miranda, though I think we each have many of their collective traits. In a perfect world, we'd all be in the same place so that we could have seen this movie together rather than one being on an air craft carrier in the Middle East, one in St. Louis and the other in LA while I'm here in RI.

The movie wasn't exactly as tightly paced as the TV show was; I'd heard it was cut a little long and I'd agree with that. They could have trimmed some scenes, cut others entirely, and added a little more depth to Jennifer Hudson's character (especially after hearing Carrie's statement to her towards the end). But did it make me cry? Yes. Did it make me laugh? Yes. Did it make me miss my girls? YES. Very much.

It also made me want to get some blue shoes.

No comments: