Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Active is the truest soul among us.




Here's a new interview with Joss Whedon about Dollhouse that gives a little insight into the plot of the show.

Question: The early impression was that it was more of a secret agent thing; like they were assassins. Is that part of it?

Whedon: Well, she's not never gonna tote a piece, but that's not what the show is. People thought it was like an Alias thing. The two things we have to disabuse people of is one, she's not toting a gun every week. That's not what it's about. It's a human drama with some action and there's always suspense, because as she becomes self-aware, the dollhouse becomes kind of a dangerous place for her. So there's always that friction. But it could be a romantic comedy one week. Eliza jokes that this is a cure for her ADHD. I say it's a cure for mine.


And also has a little fanboying over Tahmoh Penikett.

Question: I know you're a big Battlestar fan. Was it great for you to get to work with Tahmoh Penikett?

Whedon: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and tell the truth – I've had a man-crush on Tahmoh since the first episode of Battlestar.

Question: From the moment he stayed behind on Caprica?

Whedon: I had a feeling about him. I just had a feeling about him. I know, he gave up his seat to Baltar! Not bright, but cute! But no, he just has a presence.



So, Joss has created what, in theory, could be the perfect show. Action, humor, romance. I really hope Fox doesn't fuck it up.

In case you missed it, here's the official preview:


No comments: