Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Tudors


I actually really enjoyed the second season of The Tudors, politics and religion and all. But then, I've read several books about Henry VIII, so I like seeing how they interpret history for their sex-fueled show. I was worried that they were going to just stop now that Anne Boleyn has lost her head, but it looks like they're going forward. Season Three will cover Henry's marriage to Jane Seymour and Anne of Cleves, which gives hope that they'll keep going and cover Katherine Howard and Catherine Parr. At this rate, The Tudors series can go on to cover Edward VI's short reign, Jane Grey's even shorter one, Bloody Mary and Elizabeth I. The history is ripe with possibilities that will translate well to screen, and I, for one, hope it goes on until the end of the Tudor dynasty.

Hopefully I'm not the only one.

No comments: