Saturday, June 21, 2008

Roundup 5

  • Dominic Monaghan (Charlie from Lost) has filmed a pilot in which he co-hosts a political comedy show. I'm all for it. He's super funny, and I want him back on my TV.
  • Jim Carrey will co-create and executive produce a show for HBO. In related news, where the hell has Jim Carrey been lately?
  • Has it really been 15 years since Liz Phair's Exile in Guyville was released? My cd is that old?! Wow. It's held up well. (PS: That album is brilliant).
  • This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly is all about the 'New Classics', i.e. the best of the best from the last 25 years. I largely agree on a most of it, though I must admit that I haven't read a lot of the books. Which, if you know me doesn't mean I don't own a lot of them; I just haven't read them yet.
  • Matthew Perry will star in a pilot for Showtime that he will be co-writing and co-producing with Steve Tolan. I love love love Matthew Perry.
  • I was just talking about how Wilmer Valderrama disappeared the other day. And now he's starring in a pilot for Fox.
  • The mighty Jason Schwartzman was a guest DJ on KCRW this week.
  • Limewire has a list of the best rock star onstage outbursts, with YouTube videos. The Green Day one doesn't surprise me since I was at a show once that they had stuff thrown at them and they left about 10 minutes into the set. The Nirvana one is interesting. Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy is less of a pussy than I would have expected. I have no idea what's going on in the Rolling Stones one. And the Queens of the Stone Age one makes me a little scared of Josh Homme.

No comments: