Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WATCH SOUTHLAND


OMG, this is the best news I've read all week (and yeah, it's only Tuesday, but go with me on this). TNT has agreed to air the 13 Season One episodes of Southland, and the 6 existing Season 2 episodes that NBC didn't even bother to try to get on the air before canceling the show last month. In addition to that, TNT will be adding in extra footage to the Season 1 eps, which is awesome.

If you didn't watch Southland last year before NBC executives lost their minds and cut all of their 10 PM programming for Jay fucking Leno, you should definitely check it out on TNT. The show is raw and powerful with a phenomenally talented cast. It's not your average cop show - I generally don't like cop shows - but it's also not glitzy or overly stylized. Seriously, give it a shot.

And if all things go well on TNT, maybe they'll pick the show up permanently. It should match well with the dramas they already have, and clearly they like cop shows - Saving Grace, The Closer, Dark Blue...

2 comments:

danielletbd said...

I admit I didn't watch Southland before, but I was planning to tune in this year because my awesome friend Liz had a guest role on the show. Sadly the episode never got to air on NBC. I'm glad to hear it got picked up elsewhere so I'll finally have a chance to see it. I only hope I can remember when it's on, as I started watching "Raising the Bar" for MPG but ended up forgetting about it most weeks...

Jaime said...

That might be because Raising the Bar isn't awesome...I'm just sayin'. Southland, however, is, and you should definitely check it out. All of it, if possible, because seriously. SO GOOD.