Sunday, July 19, 2009

It was kinda like going home

Last night my BFF and I went to see Better Than Ezra play at the legendary 40 Watt Club in Athens, one of the places R.E.M. got their start. It was my 15th or 16th time seeing them live, and just as phenomenal as every other time. Part of the reason they've been one of my favorite bands since the mid-90's is because their shows are super fun, they always sound incredible, and, of course, the songs never fail to be wonderful. It's been a long time since I jumped around, danced, and sang my heart out like I did last night.



After the show, however, I totally bit it on the sidewalk. Scraped myself in multiple places, had to get a bandaid for the most bloody one, broke my camera. Fortunately I don't embarrass easily, and I just sat there and laughed while three of the band's crew ran over to see if I was ok. Oh, clumsiness.



No comments: